A Message from Mrs Preston - Friday 11th January
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are excited about the new term ahead of us.
The new homework (which must be handed in by Friday 1st February) is now available on this page. There are plenty of activities to choose from. Please encourage your child to take pride in the presentation of their homework. Writing should be done in pencil and activities should be completed fully.
I have added some photographs which the children took today in our Science lesson. We were investigating the question "Do all plants have the same parts?"
Here is an overview of the new topics we will be starting this term:
Forest School - this has now changed to a Thursday
English - Poetry about the Rainforest
- discussion texts about the Rainforest
Reciprocal Reading - "The Hundred Mile an Hour Dog" By Jeremy Strong
Maths - multiplication, division, measurement (length and perimeter), money and fractions
Science - Plants - parts of a plant
- the function of each part
- investigative work about conditions needed for a plant to live and grow
- investigative work about how temperature can affect the speed of water transportation within plants
Geography - Rainforests - locations around the world
- animals and plants
- physical and human features
- ways in which we can protect the Rainforest
- comparisons between Rainforests and Sherwood Forest
DT - sewing puppets of tropical birds
PE - (This is now on a Monday) Gymnastics - balancing, movement and partner sequence work using mats and wall apparatus
French - colours and animals
PSHE - Fairtrade
Best wishes - Mrs Preston